Stepped Division Symbol & Nemeth Course ?

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Stepped Division Symbol & Nemeth Course ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Traci
    Spectator

Hello!  I transcribe my children's materials as we do an online public charter school.  My son has started with stepped division - but I can't find this symbol anywhere - I just used the normal house division sign for now.  Any ideas on this one?

Second, I am keeping my kids on Nemeth as they have STEM career aspirations and have no desire to learn a whole new code for Math.  Would the Nemeth certification be the best for me to pursue to be most informed of the Nemeth code as my oldest moves into HS math next year?

Thank you!

Traci

kdejute

Thank you for your thoughtful question.

I think the best suggestion I can give is to use dots 456 for vertical lines that separate columns in a division arrangement. Pages 13–29 through 13–40 of the Provisional Revised Nemeth Course Manual, posted by NFB will give you more tools to transcribe your children's material from print.

I do believe that Provisional course is a great tool for you to become informed about the Nemeth Code in preparation for your oldest moving into HS. As you study through it, please allow yourself time and regular breaks from studying; it's a dense book.

We look forward to getting more questions from you as you continue your journey.

–Kyle

Traci
    Spectator

Thank you - I always forget these lessons are open for general viewing - I've been doing this for a few years but with the changes in math curriculum, new things seem to pop up!

I will give this a view!  Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.