subscripts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Can someone please tell me why the subscript does not show or that we do not have to insert a subscript in Nemeth. example: F16 where 16 is subscript. I have a bunch of these to transcribe they are just like the example for a couple of pages in a list.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Is Rule XIII Sec. 77 what you are looking for?

The subscript indicator must not be used to indicate a numeric subscript provided that all of the following conditions hold:

i. The corresponding numeric sign must be a right, and not a left, subscript.
    ii. The corresponding numeric sign must be subscript of first order, and not of higher order.
    iii. The sign with which the numeric subscript is associated must be an abbreviated function name (log2) or a letter which has a separate identity. In the latter case, this letter must not be any letter which represents a numeral in a non-decimal base. Otherwise, the letter may be from any alphabet and in any type form, and may be modified by one or more primes or a superscript. In the case of a two-letter abbreviation for a chemical compound, the abbreviation must be treated as if it were a letter.
    iv. The subscript must consist of numeric symbols only, and must carry no superscripts or subscripts of its own.
    edited by CrepeMyrtle on 6/9/2011

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.