symbols for ray, angle and horizontal bidirectional arrow over letters

Home Forums Unified English Braille Technical symbols for ray, angle and horizontal bidirectional arrow over letters

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smart_10357
    Participant

Can you help me find these symbols. I looked in UEB technical 160703 and found angle which I think is represented by (456, 246). I have found the bidirectional arrow (56, 1256, 2456, 1235, 135) but do not know what the symbol is for over an item. I would imagine a ray is just a bar over the previous item. I have attached a page from the math book I am formatting.

Thank you,

Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Susan,

Thank you for asking. Please let me direct you to the following locations in the GTM –  Guidelines for Technical Material (PDF) – for information "direct from the horse's mouth" about the signs you brought up.

• The "bar over" and "simple right-pointing arrow over" are given in the list at the beginning of GTM section 12
      • ⠱ (dots 156)
      • ⠘⠱ (dots 45, 156)
    • The "horizontal birectional arrow" is on page 63 of the GTM in section 13. Information about the "directly above indicator" is discussed in GTM section 7.9
      • ⠳⠺⠗⠕ (dots 1256, 2456, 1235, 135)
      •  ⠨⠔ (dots 46, 35)
    • The "angle sign" is in the list at the beginning of GTM section 11
      • ⠸⠪ (dots 456, 246)

Attached is a document with transcriptions of specific sections from your sample print page.

Cheers!
    –Kyle

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    smart_10357
    Participant

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I am looking forward to the class on Dec. 12.

Susan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.