Table of Contents: Chapter Heading

Home Forums English Braille American Edition Table of Contents: Chapter Heading

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Hello, I am working on my literary manuscript. On my table of contents page I have the following:
    running head,

contents,

volume #
    "page" (brailled on right hand side)

The text of my book readings the following

Chapter 1. The First Year (page#)

Chapter 2. The.... (page#) etc.

In textbook format the word "Chapter" would be brailled at the left margin on the same line as "page" (at the far righthand side")
    Then the chapter titles would be on a line by themselves. Is that the way it should be brailled in literary braille?

Thanks rh

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi REbecca,

The information you need is found on page 19-10 and 19-11 in the literary Manual.
    "Line 6: Place the word Page at the right margin. If print includes the single word Chapter, Essays Stories, or a similar heading, above the chapter numbers and/or names, that heading should be placed at the left margin on the same line. If no such heading occurs in print, do not add one in braille.

I hope that snswers your question
    Saralyn

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Thanks, what if there are the words "introduction" or/& "prologue" before the line that says:

Chapter 1. "title of chapter"
    Do you put "chapter" above that?

Thanks,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, I must not be making myself clear...on my table of contents I have "Page" at the right margin, then this is what is in print:

Introduction
    Prologue

Chapter 1. (Title of Chapter) -this is all on the same line

Does Chapter go above Introdution on the same line as Page?

Thanks,

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

As I mentioned in answering your other post, I can't really give you specific answers for your manuscript.
    In addition to the instructions in the Literary Lesson Manual, Please review Braille Formats Rule 2 secton 7 and also look at the examples for the Table of Contents.
    Ansy specific questions relating to your manuscript should be addressed to Jennifer Dunnam at the National Federation of the Blind [url=mailto:transcribers@nfb.org]transcribers@nfb.org[/url]

Saralyn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘English Braille American Edition’ is closed to new topics and replies.