Table Separation Lines

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Table Separation Lines

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am brailling a table that needs to be on more than one braille page. Is the width of a column governed by the length of the longest item in the entire column OR is it governed by the longest item in the column of the braille page you are brailling?

Example: Print column shows the longest item [u]Prince William Co., VA[/u] My 1st braille page ends before this entry. Should my 1st braille page column width be as wide as the 2nd page? OR would each braille page use the longest item listed on that particular braille page?

Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Formatting a table in braille depends on how that table is printed, on how it looks. I have to be able to see the actual table. I can't tell how wide anything should be without seeing how wide it actually is in comparison to whatever else is on the page. Please send a scan of the actual print page.

I'm sorry, but on this one I can't help you without seeing what you need help with.

--Joanna

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

[quote=joannavenneri]Formatting a table in braille depends on how that table is printed, on how it looks. I have to be able to see the actual table. I can't tell how wide anything should be without seeing how wide it actually is in comparison to whatever else is on the page. Please send a scan of the actual print page.

I'm sorry, but on this one I can't help you without seeing what you need help with.

--Joanna[/quote]

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

[quote=FisherLJ][quote=joannavenneri]Formatting a table in braille depends on how that table is printed, on how it looks. I have to be able to see the actual table. I can't tell how wide anything should be without seeing how wide it actually is in comparison to whatever else is on the page. Please send a scan of the actual print page.

--Joanna[/quote][/quote]

joannavenneri
    Participant

I am having a problem getting the image to post here. Can you help me out?

joannavenneri
    Participant

I see your file Social Problems and that is posted successfully. I have downloaded it and reviewed it. This is very helpful, but I'm not sure I understand your question. Your post is titled "Table Separation Lines" but you seem to be asking about the width of columns. I'm sorry, but I find this confusing. It might be that you are using the term "separation lines" in a way that is unfamiliar to me. It might help if you send a braille file that shows how you are considering formatting this table. You can post either a .brf or .abt file here. Format the second (and any other additional braille pages) of this table according to the columns on that page. It doesn't help the reader to format the first page based on what is going to be different on the second or next pages.

Hope that helps. Please post again if you wish to discuss this further.

--Joanna

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.