Tables with identifiers

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Tables with identifiers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Fred Van Ackeren
    Participant

Hi, I have not been able to find an example of how the numbered identifier with a table is to be brailled. I have attached a .jpg showing some examples.

Does the identifier precede the table title on the same line? This would place the left margin of the table contents some ways away from cell 1. So far I've been placing the identifier in cell 1, then a blank line as required before a table and then starting the table. For instance:

Test Scores (%)
    87 82 95 91 69
    88 68 87 65 81
    97 85 80 90 62

To place the table starting on the same line produces this:

6. Test Scores (%)
    ...87 82 95 91 69
    ...88 68 87 65 81
    ...97 85 80 90 62

(note: the spacing looks different in the preview so I added periods represent blank spaces)

To me, this would seem the best option instead of leaving an identifier standing alone and the student wondering what's next.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

If these are tables, they must start at the margin according to Braille Formats 2011. I would put the identifier in cell 1, leave a blank line before an opening box line, transcribe the table title and entries, close the box and start the next identifier after another blank line. I have attached a doc showing how this would look. Dorothy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.