Tactile?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    smart_10357
    Participant

Please look at page 91. Is Example 2 Step 1 to be a tactile? These arrows are shown throughout the book. Same with Example 3.

Also there is a crossword puzzle shown in this book. The answers are numbers. In textbook, we have always handled crossword puzzles with the clue and then give the amount of letters in the answer. Should we handle these the same way only give the amount of digits? Commas are included in the answer.

Thanks,

Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Susan,

Thank you for the questions. I apologize for the delay in my response.

Regarding the illustrations, yes, using a tactile graphic for the arrows that show a movement from one value to another and also using a tactile graphic to show how many "hops" an animal makes, would most nearly capture the print's visual/spatial explanation of math concepts.

For the cross"word" puzzle, I agree with your reasoning that you should give the number of spaces that print provides for the answer.

I understood from your question that print provides a space in the crossword grid for a comma; so, "1,234" would have five spaces. If that is the case, then this should be explained in a transcriber's note (for example, "If an answer includes a comma, the number of spaces provided for that answer includes a space for the comma").

Braille on!
    –Kyle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.