Tens and Ones for second grader

Home Forums Tactile Graphics Tens and Ones for second grader

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Good morning!
    Please look at the attachment where I have arrowed. It looks like the student is to form the total number based on the quantity of tens and ones. I plan to draw the boxes next to the A, B, etc. Underneath these blank boxes, there is another box for the Ts and the tally marks. For the T's, I was planning to just reproduce those in braille (ELI, capital T), but for the tally marks for the ones, can I use the 456 braille dots or do these need do be drawn or otherwise made as a tactile? Any suggestions you have are appreciated greatly!Thanks,
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    betty.marshall
    Participant

I'm sorry Susan, but I have never seen anything like this. Perhaps from other worksheets you assume these are tens and ones? The T could stand for "Total", could it not? And are those tally marks, or could they be tens (rods) from a manipulative set? It looks like the squares (100's or flats in manipulatives)have half of them shaded.
    I'm afraid that I have more questions than answers!!
    Is there anyone else out there that has seen these and can interpret their meaning, or tell us how you have transcribed them? Please feel free to post any helpful suggestions.
    Betty

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.