termination sign with dash

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook termination sign with dash

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    shilton
    Participant

I am working on a language book that uses yellow highlighting for the vocabulary words. I am keeping this format since both bold and italics are used throughout the text. I have one sentence that begins, has the highlighted word followed by a dash, and then the sentence continues:

Example: first expedition--a trek across...

With the word expedition being highlighted, would the termination symbol be placed (spaced) after the dash?

shilton
    Participant

See 5.6.3 in Font Attributes. The termination sign is placed after ending puncutation. Don't forget that the termination sign is preceded by a space. You'll see this is some of the samples showing the usage of the various font attribute indicators.

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

Thank you. I had read that and done it that way, but it looked so strange that I wanted to make sure.

joannavenneri
    Participant

It looks strange because it IS strange. It's new and different to me too. But just by luck, I am doing a language arts workbook full of single and double underlines and I'm used to it now. This new attribute thing is great to work with when you get used to it.

--Joanna

joannavenneri
    Participant

I didn't realize that the new format guidelines are available online. I've been waiting for the print edition. Where would I find the online edition? Thanks

--Susan

susanM
    Participant

My goodness. I think you will find this very helpful. It's a free .pdf download that is quite large. Each section is a separate .pdf and they are all bundled together in one large file. Go to the BANA website and get it there. http://www.brailleauthority.org

--Joanna

susanM
    Participant

[quote=joannavenneri]My goodness. I think you will find this very helpful. It's a free .pdf download that is quite large. Each section is a separate .pdf and they are all bundled together in one large file. Go to the BANA website and get it there. http://www.brailleauthority.org

--Joanna[/quote]

Thank you!

Susan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.