Text boxes in CorelDraw

Home Forums Tactile Graphics Text boxes in CorelDraw

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Charles Mize
    Participant

Recently I sent CorelDraw files to another transcriber.  The text boxes on my end were sized correctly.  When the other person opened the files, many of the text boxes were red (meaning they were too small to display the text).

We use the same Braille29 font and no messages showed on the other computer (referencing changing or substituting fonts).

Is there a setting that we must both share that I am unaware of?  I have version the 2018 version; they use the latest (newest) version.

Donald Winiecki

Charles, would you please provide a copy of that file for us to inspect?

Charles Mize
    Participant

Yes.  It was in a batch of files, so I am asking the producer to identify which file or files.

Charles Mize
    Participant

Attached is one of the files in question.  The labels on the numbers lines show correctly on my computer.  For the producer, the text boxes were red and the text did not show.

Charles Mize
    Participant

I got an error message on the NBA site that said I am not allowed to upload this file type. It is a corel draw file.

Donald Winiecki

Hi Charles,

please E-mail the file to me and I'll post it on your behalf.

dwiniecki@handid.org

Charles Mize
    Participant

I should have posted this weeks ago.  I found the answer.  Under Options/Text/Paragraph Text:  Check "Expand and shrink paragraph text frames to fit text"

This will automatically expand the text boxes without moving the text on the page.

Thank you to the awesome Betty Marshall for advice at the conference last fall!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.