Thermochemical equations UEB NEM CHEM

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Thermochemical equations UEB NEM CHEM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Angela B
    Participant

Based on my print example, are the deltaH equations treated separately, or treat it with no space before the delta? Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Your instances of “Delta H equals something” are separate equations. Each should be preceded by a space to separate them from the chemical reaction. (Delta H etc. is an expression of the change that happened in the preceding reaction.)

–Kyle

Cheryl Walcutt
    Participant

Can you provide a sum braille sample of the following thermochemistry example.  We have two different braille books that show the delta H differently (456, 145, 6, 125 or 46, 6, 125), the first way is notated as enthalpy.

ΔHvap = m(2259 J/g)
    ΔHfus = m(334 J/g)

Thanks!

kdejute

Good day and thank you for your question, Cheryl.

What you entered in your question I would braille as follows:

⠨⠠⠙⠠⠓⠧⠁⠏⠀⠨⠅⠀⠍⠷⠆⠆⠢⠔⠀⠰⠠⠚⠸⠌⠰⠛⠾

⠨⠠⠙⠠⠓⠋⠥⠎⠀⠨⠅⠀⠍⠷⠒⠒⠲⠀⠰⠠⠚⠸⠌⠰⠛⠾

You said you have examples where  ⠸⠙⠠⠓  and  ⠨⠠⠓  are used for ΔH ("Delta H"). I do not know why that is.

The document attached in two file formats shows common print presentations of your examples and their corresponding transcriptions in simbraille.

I hope this is helpful.
    –Kyle

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.