Three Dimensional Coordinate Systems

Home Forums Tactile Graphics Three Dimensional Coordinate Systems

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brlbyrussell
    Participant

The attached shows two different three dimensional (x- y- and z-axis) coordinate systems. There are about eight total of these type of graphics in this Algabra II book.

How might I tactile these?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dspence

Hi Russell--

Again I checked with some of the BANA & NBA Nemeth Committee members. The general concensus about your print example is as follows:

We really cannot think of a way to clearly represent this print drawing as a tactile graphic.

To separate it into layers of information seems to negate what they are trying to relay. It would be a wasted effort to try to represent a 3 dimensional coordinate system of this sort into a tactile graphic.

The first graphic labeled "Points in Space" could be briefly described after the caption is brailled, but I would not try to go into too much detail. I don't know if it is appropriate to suggest in a TN that a creative partner be sought out to demonstrate these diagrams with 3-dimensional models, but that is certainly what we would do in the classroom.

Lindy, Dorothy, Betty and Diane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.