times shown on a number line

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science times shown on a number line

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    togilby
    Participant

i'm stumped ...

your thoughts/insight on showing times on a number line? how does the punctuation indicator followed by numeric indicator factor in??

this is grade 3 so the line itself will be raised line rather than braille symbols.

thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

My understanding is that on a number line, we do not use the numeric indicator at the beginning of a time label below the number line, according to TG guidelines for number lines; but the numeric indicator following the punctuation indicator and colon is used, according to Nemeth Code rules.

Sense make?

togilby
    Participant

ahhh, it's all in the wording! "at the beginning" but only at the beginning, i get it!

now my only challenge is how to make it fit 😉

thanks, Kyle

kdejute

Yes, the remaining challenge is indeed making it fit. May the force be with you!

–Kyle

Diana
    Participant

Kyle,

Was there an update regarding transcribing time, in that it's only Nemeth when it's part of an equation, otherwise no punctuation indicator used before the colon. Of course, I could have misinterpreted the information.  I think I saw it on the July 20th 2017 webinar about updates to Nemeth code within UEB.

Thanks for clarifying,

Diana

kdejute

Diana,

I think that moving forward, digital time will be transcribed in UEB unless the time is part of a mathematical expression or a number line.

In this case, the time is part of a number line, and number lines are transcribed in Nemeth Code.

Thank you for the astute question!
    –Kyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.