Title Case

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Title Case

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tiffanie Dumont
    Participant

Back when I was doing the lessons to get certified, something was mentioned to me by my instructor about Title Case. I recently remembered it because I was wondering whether I could use it to format the title of my book. My question is when can it be used? The only information I found about it was in 2.10.8 a which states:   Follow print for capitalization of the contents heading,
    unit and part headings, and listed contents items. Use title case when the entire table of contents is in uppercase. Use title case for small capital letters.

and in Appendix F which states :   title case: capitalization of the first and last words in titles and subtitles and all other major words
    The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th ed. The Univ. of Chicago Press, 2010

Is the Table of Contents the only place this can be used?

Clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tiffanie

claurent

Print should be followed for all titles. Title case can be used in running heads when space is an issue. As noted, it can also be used in the contents but only when the entire contents is in upper case.

Cindi

PS Sorry about the delay in responding. The site is having issues with notifications.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.