TOC identifier for Appendixes

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook TOC identifier for Appendixes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Susan Farnsworth
    Participant

In a Table of Contents in Volume 1, can the identifier for Appendix entries be handled like "Chapter" and put once above all the entries? Referring to BF 2.10.2.g "Tables of contents frequently include chapter, lesson, etc., before each of the main numbered entries. In volume 1 this identifier is placed in cell 1 following blank line after the front matter. ... The identifier is omitted before the individual entries." So is this also true for Appendix entries? Lesson 19 in the UEB Instruction Manual has a table of contents with 17 appendix entries, so a student has asked this question. Would this be graded as incorrect?

claurent

Yes, according to Braille Formats it works for an Appendix as well...but I CANNOT speak for NLS and what they may or may not grade as incorrect.  I believe they follow Braille Formats, but I am not a part of that program.

Cindi

Susan Farnsworth
    Participant

I understand about NLS, Cindi, but thank you for confirming Appendix can be treated like Chapters. I appreciate the assistance!   Sue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.