Turnstile in Logic

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Turnstile in Logic

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Dorothy,

Have you ever heard of a Turnstile math symbol in Logic Mathematics? If so do you know what it is?

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I'm sorry to admit that I don't know anything about Logic. It's been a long time since my college days. I can quiz other math transcribers about it and find out if anyone knows what a Turnstile math symbol is.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

This is for a college logic class. Never heard of it before. Thanks for checking.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

According to Wikipedia, "in mathematical logic and computer science the symbol has taken the name turnstile because of its resemblance to a typical turnstile if viewed from above. It is also referred to as tee and is often read as "yields" or "proves"." The symbol itself looks like a letter t on its side, similar to a left-pointing, straight arrowhead (sec. 158) Would it be possible to use that arrow symbol (with a short one-cell shaft) to represent your symbol? You would have to define its use, of course.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.