two lines cut by a transversal

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science two lines cut by a transversal

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Good morning,
    Attached is a very poor scan of a symbol that I am unable to find the nemeth code symbol for. It is the first symbol in this problem that I am unsure of. The teacher said the symbol was "two lines cut by a transversal". Can you point me to where this symbol would be located in our Nemeth Code book? If there is none, what would you suggest? Should I make a tactile for it? Thank you for your help!
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

I don't believe there is a Nemeth symbol for two lines cut by a transversal. It probably makes sense, if you have this symbol occur frequently, to create a symbol or icon for it -- for instance edtt [braille]$ttfor shape two-transversal -- or whatever seems logical. You would define it in a tn the first time you use it, and list it on the special symbols page also. Make sure that you are not using a symbol that already has a meaning in Nemeth.

If anyone is aware of an already existing symbol for two lines cut by a transversal, please let me know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.