two-part questions with write-on lines

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook two-part questions with write-on lines

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rsherwood12
    Participant

Hello,
    I have an exam/exercise with write-on lines and un-numbered/un-lettered multi-part questions (sample pages attached). I want to make sure I understand when to include the number of write-on lines in TN symbols or when to use the omission dash.

Page 1:

• Question 1 has a little more than 2 write-on lines. Should I round up to 3 when I put it in TN symbols? ,'#c,'
    • For questions 2, 5, and 6 there are two write-on lines indicating that the response needs two words, but this is already explained in the question. Should the write-on lines be omitted?
    • Question 3 is similar, but one write-on line follows the article and one follows the word. Since the question does not explicitly say to write the plural article, should these write-on lines be retained as omission dashes?

Page 2:

• Questions 3-9 have a long line on which to write the answer. Should I include 1 in TN symbols or omit the lines completely? Is it customary to include the number only if it is more than one line long?
    • Questions 10-14 and 18-22 have two words per question to translate, each with its own write-on line. Should these words be treated as subentries? (10. in 1-5, brain in 3-5, lungs in 3-5)
    • As with page 1, should the write-on lines be omitted for 10-14 because the question specifies that the answer is two words?

Thanks in advance,
    Rebecca

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    joannavenneri
    Participant

NONE of these questions should have write-on lines shown in braille in any way. There should be NO TN to show the number of write-on lines either. Please see Formats 10.5 and its examples. If that does not provide you with the answer you are looking for, please let us know and we'll try to clarify.

Just the questions should be given with appropriate indention and runovers.

--Joanna

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.