Two questions

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Two questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mary Mosley
    Participant

I have two questions concerning wrapping:

1. In the following example I would format list items 1 and 2 in 1-5 with the subs beginning in cell 3. Would list items 3 and 4 be in 1-3 or 1-5? The numbers make them technically part of the same list, but the header separates them.

SECTION 2 ASSESSMENT

Comprehension

1. People Write a sentence explaining how each of the following people was connected with religion or social reform.
    • Charles Grandison Finney
    • Joseph Smith
    • Dorothea Dix
    • Horace Mann
    1. Reading Skill: Use your chart to answer the Section Focus Question: How did the Second Great Awakening affect life in the United States?

Writing About History

1. Quick Write: Make a Venn Diagram Use a Venn diagram to organize information for an essay comparing and contrasting the work of Dorothea Dix and Horace Mann. Draw two circles. List similarities between the two reformers in the overlapping part of the two circles and differences in the parts that do not overlap.
    2. Draw Inferences: Why do you think the religious messages of the Second Great Awakening affected so many Americans?

1. For the purposes of example let's say I have a complete Table of Contents that wraps to cell 9 in my first volume. Do I preserve the cell 9 wrap for the portions I use in subsequent volumes or do I wrap it based on solely the sub-entries in that particular volume?

I have one question concerning letter modifiers. I have a letter modifier used with a lower case letter, then the same modifier with a capital letter. On my symbols page should I list the modifier twice, once preceding a regular letter and once preceding a capital letter?

claurent
    1. I would say that since the numbers are consecutive, I would consider them one "section" of text and I would do them all as 1-5, 3-5.  But, as the transcriber, you get to decide what is a section. 🙂
    2. You wrap based on the volume...so volume 2 might have runovers in cell 7, volume 3 runovers might be in cell 9.
    3. The definition on the special symbols page should say something like "acute accent above following letter".  That would apply to either a capital letter or a lowercase letter.

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.