Two Step Equations

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Two Step Equations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I am at a complete loss. I need to know how to braille these equations. I have searched my lesson book and code book and cannont find an example to show how to do this. I know how to do it up until the vertial line before the fraction portion, but then I am confused. I am trying to line it all up and cannot make it work. Do all the numbers and exponents need to be alligned or just the sign of operation and sign of comparison? Is their any way you could do 9) so I can have an idea of what it should look like in braille?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dworthing
    Participant

Hi Melissa. I'm afraid I'm sort of at a loss about this. When working with polynomials, everything is supposed to be aligned. (Sec. 178) There is no way to align this problem when you have to use a spatial fraction to show the cancellation. (sec. 60) I have attached a picture of a maybe solution. For problem 8) I aligned the numerator of the fractions with the number in the addition problem from which it derives. Not technically accurate, but you need to show where the numbers come from. For the problem with the cancellation, I might solve the addition problem, then repeat that solution with the part that shows each side of the equation multiplied by (3). There might be some trouble wording a tn to explain what I did. I am certainily open to any good solution.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.