Two TNs on same braille page

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Two TNs on same braille page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Julia Erickson
    Participant

The question at hand is referring to the “Transcriber’s Notes In Main Body Text” section. If I was to face a situation where I have two TN’s on the same braille page with two print page numbers, let’s say print page c10 and half way down the page is a page change indicator with the print page 11. One TN is on c10 and one on 11.

Now on the ink copies provided for the sighted teacher/person which method would be acceptable?

Example 1:

Page c10

[TN]

Page 11

[TN]

Example 2:

OR

Page c10

[TN]

[TN]

In example 1 I tend to believe it is easy for the student to find c10 in the top right corner of the braille page but also seems misleading as the TN’s are actually on different print page numbers. My other thought would be rather than using print page numbers would it be clearer for everyone if we used braille page numbers?

claurent

Either option is 'acceptable'. From my experience, using the page number at the top of the page makes it easier to find the braille page on which the TN is located...but I have also done work for agencies that use the specific page (meaning your example 1). This is an agency decision as there is no rule for it.

Cindi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.