typeform indicator to be used in x-axis

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science typeform indicator to be used in x-axis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

I have text with the compound expression "x-axis" in italics. The surrounding text is regular type, with only x-axis in italics. Nemeth Code Rule V, Section 32c provides for a number joined to a compound expression. Does Section 32d cover my example, or would Rule V, Section 33b cover my italicized x-axis?

Lindy Walton

Your first decision is whether or not the italics need to be retained in the braille copy. Is "x-axis" always italicized? If so, you can ignore the typeface according to Section 34a.
    If it is determined that the italic typeface has mathematical significance and must be retained, then the last sentence of Section 32d applies. The type-form indicator is effective for the entire compound expression.
    [braille].;X-AXIS

Section 33b applies to phrases, so does not apply here. Reminder: The BANA Update includes some format changes to the examples in Section 33, as well as changed text for Section 33b, with five additional examples.

Lindy Walton (Committee Member)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.