UEB Math – Advanced Functions

Home Forums Unified English Braille Technical UEB Math – Advanced Functions

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    site4vi
    Participant

I would appreciate feedback on whether this UEB math has been correctly transcribed. I have attached images of the print and braille.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by site4vi.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    site4vi
    Participant

Oops ... I attempted to upload an updated image. It did not provide the option to delete the previously uploaded image.  Please see the 2nd file for the advanced functions - braille.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by site4vi.
    site4vi
    Participant

Please disregard and see the next post.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by site4vi.
    Attachments:
    site4vi
    Participant

Update images 🙂

Attachments:
    kdejute

Thank you for the question. I see that you have used the opening enlarged curly braces (as are used in print), a grade 1 passage for the function and its various qualifying expressions as well as for the intervening word “for,” and appropriate symbols of comparison. This is clearly a well thought out transcription.

Please let me suggest reviewing the points highlighted in the attached image.  Those are:

1. a grade 1 symbol indicator before a superscript indicator within a grade 1 passage
    2. a lack of enlarged grouping symbol on a line with a runover within an expression printed to the right of the enlarged curly brace
    3. a grade 1 symbol indicator before a letter standing alone within a grade 1 passage
    4. a terminator for the square root placed after the point where the printed vinculum of the square root ends

I think we should do away with both of those grade 1 symbol indicators, place an enlarged grouping symbol on the runover line, and move the terminator after the x. How does that sound to you?

–Kyle

Attachments:
    site4vi
    Participant

Thank you Kyle!  I had corrected a couple of the issues that you also found after posting my images.  I appreciate you taking a look and pointing out needed corrections!! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.