UEB Technical Symbol for Sign of Comparison (? above = sign?

Home Forums Unified English Braille UEB Technical Symbol for Sign of Comparison (? above = sign?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Julie Sumwalt 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

thebrailledude
    Participant

I am transcribing an Algebra 2 book in UEB TECHNICAL

I’ve encountered the equal sign with a question mark above it. At the bottom of attached page.

I can’t find it in any UEB TECHNICAL  “manual” so would like to ask what is being used for it before I “devise” a symbol for it.

Thanks In Advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Julie Sumwalt

Hi,

My apologies for the delay. I’m researching this. We’ve almost reached a consensus and am waiting for confirmation.

Braille on,

Julie

Julie Sumwalt

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. In this instance, we recommend the “directly over” approach to the question mark. We don’t believe a grade 1 indicator is needed for the question mark, as it is at the end of the sequence and would not be confused with an opening quotation mark.

Please note, also, that the check mark at the bottom of the page is brailled as dots 4, 146, officially adopted a few weeks ago. This replaces the proposed symbol of dots 5, 146.

I’ve attached the braille symbols.

Braille on,

Julie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.