UEB/Nemeth shapes in enclosed lists

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science UEB/Nemeth shapes in enclosed lists

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Carson
    Participant

Hi!

In a math test, when a questions asks to fill in boxes in response to an equation, and the choices appear like "{□, □}," should this be in Nemeth switches, as it can be considered an enclosed list, due to the brackets? (Technically there are no Nemeth-only items here, but it seems like the answer will contain technical items--as enclosed lists themselves are considered technical.)  To either further clarify or cloud the issue, in the test, the boxes are to be omitted and replaced with omissions (either underscore (UEB) or double-dash/omission full cell (Nemeth). The question will just say, "Write your answer below" or something along those lines.

My thanks in advance!

kdejute

H'lo, Jonathan:

Since what you have is signs of omission surrounded by grouping indicators, and that would qualify as an "enclosed list" according to Nemeth Code definitions, I would advise you to put in Nemeth switch indicators these answer place-holders that are enclosed lists.

Thank you for the question!

--Kyle

Kimberly Martin
    Participant

Hi this Kim- when there is an icon of a pencil ueb say use dots (4.1246)d ed cont.
    and spell out pencil with out contractions

what is the symbol for a check mark,

kdejute

Hullo, Kim:

Is your question: "What is the UEB symbol for a check mark?"

If so, then I direct you to a similar questions on the Ask an Expert forum:

What is the UEB symbol ...

–Kyle

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by kdejute. Reason: link to previously shared information/answer on Ask an Expert forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.