Using Nemeth switches within UEB

Home Forums Tactile Graphics Using Nemeth switches within UEB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tung
    Participant

Good afternoon, Betty,

I have a question about labeling a single capital letter in a diagram (i. e. a triangle), in Nemeth we dont use letter indicator for this type of label. When the diagram is in the middle of an UEB codes, do I need to put the diagram within the Nemeth switches? If not then do I neeed to use grade 1 indicator before those letters? Please help.

Thank you very much.

betty.marshall
    Participant

Thanks for your question. I haven't done any transcribing using UEB and Nemeth within switches, so have asked for feedback from some other committee members. We'll get back to you!

betty.marshall
    Participant

Following the 2011 Guidelines (for both Nemeth and EBAE) and incorporating the UEB Technical Guidelines (4.4.2 first bullet), you would omit the grade 1 indicator for all capital letters and include it for all lowercase letters (including a, I, and o).

Note:  If there is no reason to show the diagram within Nemeth switch indicators…keep it in UEB.  (The letters on your example of a triangle are simply labels, not mathematical expressions.)

Betty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.