variables in two different colors

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science variables in two different colors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Susan Baker
    Participant

Good morning!
    Attached I have a page from a math book that has a section on variables printed in two different emphasized colors (black and red). It starts out simple, but over the course of pages, more variables, cancellation indicators, etc. So, I thought the simpler the better. Question: If I put a TN first stating red variables are shown as boldfaced (they would each get the boldface indicator, ELI, capital, and then variable letter), would I even need to give the black variables any special emphasis? I don't want to use parentheses, because they are used in some examples with these variables.
    Thank you!
    Susan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Susan Baker
    Participant

I think you have made a pretty good suggestion. The bold face indicator would apply to either negative numbers or negative variables. Your tn would have to state that the unemphasized letters are black. Perhaps you could also specify that the letters are uppercase in print, which would allow you to simplify even more.

dworthing
    Participant

That is a great suggestion--thank you!
    Susan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.