Venn Diagrams in a non-Math Grade 3 workbook

Home Forums Nemeth Code for Math and Science Venn Diagrams in a non-Math Grade 3 workbook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Good morning, I am new to this group, so please excuse my fumbling around to get where I need to be... I am transcribing a Reader/English consumable book for a 3rd grader, and it contains Venn Diagrams! What would be the most clear way to convey this information to an 8 year old?? Thank you for your insight! Maureen

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

If this is non math it should be posted in Braille Formats/Textbook.

I believe Venn diagrams are drawn for 3rd grade readers.

Chris Clemens
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Forum Maureen! I apologize for not getting to this sooner. Writing from the point-of-view of someone who has done extensive work with tactile diagrams, I would suggest that even at the age of 8 years, it is good to expose young readers to tactile graphics. Something like a Venn diagram is usually fairly simple, however if it contains a large amount of text, you may have to use an alphabetic key, or possibly a simplified tactile graphic along with a transcriber's note explaining how the information is shown in braille.
    Hope this helps. If you require further assistance, I suggest that you could post an attachment of the print page with a question under the Tactile Graphics section of the Forum.

Betty

betty.marshall
    Participant

Thank you, Betty,
    I appreciate your time. Beginning my Nemeth class tomorrow! Hopefully, it will cover all sorts of similar situations! Thanks again! Maureen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.