Vocal music questions

Home Forums Music Braille Vocal music questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anna

I have a few things that I'm having trouble finding guidance for.

The first (attached) is a song with two verses, where the pickup to verse 2 is part of the first ending.  If I'm writing out the second verse below (without repeating the music), do I repeat the first word or leave it out? (Transcribing only one vocal line)

Second: I have a vocal/piano song where I'm transcribing only the vocal line and lyrics. The vocal part starts with two measures of rest, and then measure 3 has a rehearsal reference (the number 3).  I'm assuming I need to have the rehearsal reference at the start of a parallel, but I don't know what to do with the first parallel that just includes rests and no lyrics.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kathleen

Hi Anna, please forgive the lag in answering these questions.

1. I think either way would be fine - I don't the reader would get confused to have the word repeated but I also think it would be clear to have the word only at the end of the first ending and picking up the lyrics on the repeat.
    2. Place the words "no words" either fully capitalized or in italics on the first parallel, placing the appropriate measures' rests below. Then measure 3's lyrics would begin the second parallel.

Sorry again for taking so long to get back to you.

Kathleen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.