Y1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    braillebud
    Participant

Forgive me if this question shows up twice. I posted it but it seems to have disappeared.

According to the Graphing Calculator Guidelines:

6.1 The numbers in items like Y1 …, L1 …, Plot1 …, etc. are all identifiers. The limitations of the graphing calculator cause variations in type size and placement; (e.g., subscripts are not always shown as subscripts). In braille all these identifier numbers are shown as subscripts, whether following a letter or a word. 

My question is whether or not this applies when Y1, etc. appears in the surrounding text rather than within a screen. I've attached the print. There is no screen associated with this mention of Y1 in my print. This is a UEB with Nemeth transcription.

Laurie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lindy Walton

Hi. I am forwarding your question to someone with more experience in this topic.

Lindy

Lindy Walton

Laurie, our recommendation is that the Graphing Calculator Guideline section you quote (6.1) applies only to material shown in a screen. When an expression such as the letter-number combination Y1 appears in the text (not the screen), it is transcribed in Nemeth. A dot 5 between the Y and the number 1 will indicate that the number is printed on the baseline and not in the subscript position.

_% ,Y"1 _:

braillebud
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.