Formatting question stem, response set, and following “advice to the learner”?

Home Forums Braille Formats/Textbook Formatting question stem, response set, and following “advice to the learner”?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Donald Winiecki

In activities following instructional materials the following appears in a set of activities:

<pre>15. Write about one of these events:
    a) event 1
    b) event 2
    c) event 3
    Consider questions such as
    a) question 1
    b) question 2
    c) question 3</pre>

Following BF 10.4 3 question 15 and its three options would be formatted in 1-5, 3-5 paragraphs.

The line "Consider questions such as" and its three question items apply to the whole of question 15. How should they be formatted?

I have hunted through BF 2016 looking for advice on how to format this, or advice for handling it and have not found a conclusive answer. Your expertise is very much appreciated!

claurent

First, formats doesn't directly address this issue.  I would say "Consider questions..." is a new paragraph for the exercise question and should use margins of 7-5.  This follows along in the same manner as the issue seen in 10.3.2 (which applies to directions).

Cindi

Donald Winiecki

Thank you Cindi!

How would the subsequent list of "a) question 1; b) question 2; c) question 3" be formatted?

claurent

I would do:

15. ... 1-5

a) event 3-5

Consider ... 7-5

a) question 1 3-5

Cindi

claurent

I would do:

15. ... 1-5

a) event 3-5

Consider ... 7-5

a) question 1 3-5

Cindi

Donald Winiecki

Thanks for your expertise!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.