Spatial Formatting of Multiplication Problems

Home Forums Unified English Braille Technical Spatial Formatting of Multiplication Problems

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Bischke
    Participant

One of my students sent me the following problems and asked how they should be brailled using spatial format/numeric passage mode.  In print, the multiplier would be placed far right while that would not allow alignment of the numbers according to place value.  I have reviewed GTM and other online resources but cannot find examples similar to the problems below.  I would appreciate others thoughts.

1.2             4.24

x6               x18

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kdejute

Chris,

You're right that our rule books for UEB Math/Science do not show any examples like the multiplication problems you shared (i.e., spatial multiplication problems whose factors include decimals). Following print alignment within the problem is likely your best approach. That is, right-align the factors, and do not align by place value in these multiplication problems.

One potential transcription of your example problems is attached (as an image and in a .brf).

–Kyle

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Everyone is free to read the forums, but only current NBA members can post. Become a member today. Click here to Login and return.